Sunday, October 17, 2010

Seals Stadium (1958)

April 16, 1958
Photo by George Place, courtesy of the SF Public Library
San Francisco Giants first home game
Seals Stadium, 16th (top) and Bryant (right) Streets, San Francisco


Don't worry, I am not taking things in a whole new direction over here. I just wanted to give a nod to not only the San Francisco Giants, but also to the legacy of the San Francisco Seals at whose stadium in the Mission the Giants played for the first couple of seasons. What really got me interested in the topic, was this EXCELLENT post over at Burrito Justice, which will be of particular interest to those of you Missionites out there. I love "chasing ghosts" and these guys are after my own heart.

While you are at it. Did you know that The Mission had its very OWN baseball team at one point of time? And no, I am not talking about the Seals again. True story. The Mission Reds. Read a bit about them here. Who knew?

No comments: